Saturday, January 10, 2009

Comfort


How do you help your Mom, when she's going through Chemotherapy? That's a question we've all been asking. It is really a helpless feeling for me. I wish there was some way I could take away some of her nausea, pain, itching, dizzyness, worry, . . . It hurts me to see her hurt.
We had just returned from cutting down our Christmas trees and were all downstairs at Mom and Dad's. We were eating Togo's sandwiches and trying not to disturb Mom. Suddenly Julie and I realized that Kate and Gracie were awfully quiet and so we started the search. Usually they are trying on lip glosses in a makeup drawer. We found them quietly cuddled up in Mom and Dad's bed loving Mom the best way they knew how. It was a little piece of heaven in the room that evening.

No comments: