Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

A few weeks ago I was reading an email out loud about a 5K family fun run for Valentine's Day that the city was putting on. Ben latched on to it and decided that he really wanted to participate. I didn't think much of it, but he would go out and run on the treadmill periodically to "get in shape for the race." Last night he asked when we had to be up and ready. Matt and I looked and each other with a look that said, " I guess we are running tomorrow!" Thankfully it was a beautiful day. Here are the boys "getting ready." I don't know why they are stretching - I was the one that ran with the double jogger filled with Brik and Gracie.
Actually, what I really needed was my ipod to drown out the complaints that it was taking too long and that I wasn't running fast enough and that the snacks were all gone. Those comments really help you on your run! Here's Ben about to cross the finish line. As soon as he crossed, he took three steps towards me and bent over and puked. The puke was worth it. He took first place in the 7-10 year old division as a 7 year old. Way to go, Ben!

Brett came in right behind him (and has been fighting bronchitis for two weeks).

Ben is getting his box of chocolates from the Valentine Dude after the race was over.



I'm sure we'll do it again next year!
Brett wants to show Ben who is really the boss.



2 comments:

Julie said...

I love it all! Maybe next year I could volunteer to be the heart guy who hands out the awards at the end of the race. I think I'd enjoy that :)xoxox

Christine Gilbert said...

I want to come and push my triple stroller next to you. Then, I think we'd really get the comments!!!