Thursday, February 26, 2009

Joke-of-the-day!

Mornings at our home usually begin with groans and moans. I homeschool our kiddos, so breakfast and school and twenty other things are often happening at the same time. Each night I create a list for each kid of the things they need to accomplish the following day. (Yes, I LOVE lists. ) After tiring of the moans and groans I heard each morning, I decided to add a "joke of the day" on each of their "to do" lists. What a difference a dumb joke can make to a kid! Usually the boys are rolling their eyes at how corny they are, but it certainly changes our morning mood.

I always wanted to be one of those people that could just rattle off a few witty jokes. No such luck. I forget them as fast as I hear them. I did commit one to memory though so I have "a joke." It's my favorite.

How do you make a tissue dance???

1 comment:

Salcido said...

What a great idea, Jen! You are such a fun mom. Did you subscribe to the joke-of-the-day newsletter?

(I love lists, too!)